EXPECT LUCID AIR DELIVERIES SOON
Follow Our Twitter @TheDailyLucid
Subscribe To Our Newsletter Weekly Scoop
The Lucid Air was supposed to launch in the spring of 2021. but because of COVID-19, it caused a delay in the arrival of the eagerly awaited Lucid Air. In a letter from Lucid CEO Peter Rawlinson, the company announced that vehicles would not be delivering this spring as initially promised. Instead, customer deliveries will begin sometime in the second half of 2021. We are almost two months into the second half of 2021, but nothing has really happened...until now.
Dream Edition Update
This morning (August 18th, 2021), customers who reserved the Lucid Air Dream Edition got an email update that says:
Get ready to confirm your Dream Edition It's nearly time to confirm your order.
Crash Testing Program: From the investor call on July 13th, 2021, we know that Lucid Motors is currently crash testing production models, which means that they can/have produced cars that are ready to be delivered but have to pass specific governmental tests and be approved.
EPA Testing: Again, from the investor call held last month, we know that Lucid Motors is currently testing the range of the car. Once again, these tests are a must for Lucid Motors to start delivering its car. If the Lucid Air Achieves an Estimated EPA Range of 517 Miles on a Single Charge, it would be the first EV to achieve that. #FirstTo500
So what does this all mean? It means that we could be getting close to customer deliveries. It is very, very possible to see the Lucid Group delivering cars to customers in September. Lucid Motors also shared details of its new vehicle service program, Lucid Care:
Life is unpredictable. But Lucid Care is reliable. In the event of an incident, you’ll never be on your own. Roadside Assistance with live support is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
Lucid will have a fleet of mobile vans operated by employees that are certified, technicians. They can come to you when convenient, and you don’t necessarily have to be there either. However, if you are hanging out watching, Lucid has stated that every mobile service van will come equipped with a coffee machine to serve you a hot cup of joe.
Other Lucid Care Perks
Here are some additional perks that come with Lucid’s new vehicle warranty:
- Roadside Assistance with live support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- If your EV is in a more severe accident, Lucid can transport your vehicle to a service center for you and can also help you get where you need to go after that.
- Lucid is promising over-the-air OTA updates, as well as remote diagnostics to diagnose and repair your Lucid vehicle without having to send a mobile repair van.
Lucid Motor’s New Vehicle Warranty
In addition to announcing the perks associated with the Lucid Care service program, the company has shared its New Vehicle Limited Warranty details. Here’s what you future owners can expect:
- Basic Vehicle: 4 years/50,000 miles
- Powertrain: 8 years/100,000 miles
- High-voltage battery: 8 years/100,000 miles to 70% capacity
- Corrosion protection: 10 years/unlimited mileage
- Body and paint defects: 4 years/unlimited mileage
- Supplemental Restraint System: 5 years/60,000 miles
This article was written by the Daily Lucid. The Daily Lucid is the #1 source for Lucid Motors & Lucid Group news, rumors, and reviews. Subscribe to our Newsletter for all the latest news.